Thursday, August 21, 2008

Beckham get's the "OK" from Doc to go home!!!!




I got a call from the hospital yesterday (20th) at about 4:30 p.m. from Beckham's Doctor. She said that Beckham had been doing really well and that she felt that there was no longer a need to keep him there. So she said, "I am thinking about discharging him tonight. That is, if you think you would be able to come and get him tonight?" I about jumped through the roof. I was thinking, "Hell, I will charter a helicopter if I have to, in order to get up there tonight!" Haley called shortly after I got off the phone with the Doctor, and she was asking if I had heard anything from his Doctor yet. I was going to try and keep a straight face until I got home and then I was going to start putting his car seat in the car and getting things out of his room, but I could not last 15 seconds and blurted out "He's coming home!" Haley did not believe me at first and it took some convincing. Anyway, we went up later that night and brought him home. Bridget finally got to see her new baby brother. She was so cute with him. She was being very protective and loving with him. She held him and did not want to share with anyone. Haley and I were so glad that she was doing so well with him. He did amazing last night, going about 4 hours between feedings. Although, Dad was up a lot more checking on the little guy. He is a good little sleeper, and he does not cry. I took a really cute pic of "big sister" holding "baby brother's" hand, one of "big sister" holding "baby brother", and one of Beckham in his car seat (he is so little!!!) We are all doing great; Haley is already looking like she never had a baby (she is amazing).

4 comments:

whitey said...

Glad to hear he is home! I bet Bridget is loving every second of being the Big Sister. Get some rest Haley, Mitch sounds like he has things under control.

Lacey Jay said...

HALEY!!! It's been so long. I was so excited to find your blog. You have the cutest little family with Mitch ("hi mitch"). Staci found me on facebook a week or two ago and I was surprised I had no idea she married JC -small world. She told me you were having your little guy a little early. I'm so glad to hear he's home safe. He's darling, so is your daughter:)

Kare Bear said...

We are so glad that you and your family are all home and doing good. can't wait to see the little guy!

BRADSHAW FAMILY said...

Hi Haley and Mitch, You two have the cutest kids together! The kids and I love you guys and if you ever need anything let us know! We won't ask what we can do, we'll find something appropriate and do it! We love you. Congratulations! -Tori, Baylor, &Preslee. Our blog is bestofbradshaws.blogspot.com :)